List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Nautilus
From:       npmccallum () canonical ! com (Nathaniel McCallum)
Date:       2004-10-08 20:58:33

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 15:02 -0500, Daniel B wrote:
> One of the reasons Ubuntu is so nice is that they give you the apps
> without a lot of fiddling. You want Gnome? You got it. Sure they've put
> together their own Gnome theme (a very nice one at that), but other
> than that, it's default Gnome.
>
> The one thing I don't want is for Ubuntu to start tweaking all sorts of
> things. Just give me the defaults and if I don't like it, I can change
> it.

Actually, we have changed quite a bit :).  For instance the whole menu
system is not upstream gnome.  There are other things, but I can't
remember them off the top of my head.

However, we are very interested in participating upstream as well (we
have the GNOME release manager on the team with us).

Nathaniel