On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 15:02 -0500, Daniel B wrote: > One of the reasons Ubuntu is so nice is that they give you the apps > without a lot of fiddling. You want Gnome? You got it. Sure they've put > together their own Gnome theme (a very nice one at that), but other > than that, it's default Gnome. > > The one thing I don't want is for Ubuntu to start tweaking all sorts of > things. Just give me the defaults and if I don't like it, I can change > it. Actually, we have changed quite a bit :). For instance the whole menu system is not upstream gnome. There are other things, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. However, we are very interested in participating upstream as well (we have the GNOME release manager on the team with us). Nathaniel