List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    ftp with DEC OSF/1 Vers. 1.2
From:       Joern Goeres <ha3 () aixterm1 ! urz ! uni-heidelberg ! de>
Date:       1996-09-28 12:07:44

I have the following problem while ftping with my alpha DEC with OSF/1
Vers. 1.2 . I can telnet perfeclty and also I can ftp anything to my
machine. If I want to send something from my machine via ftp, for example an
ASCII file ,
the message says that the data connection is opened and then nothing
happens until I get a timeout after some hundreds of seconds. Usually
there is nothing transfered beside the filename and an empty file. The
same happens if I want to attach the file to a mail. Then I can not send
the mail without a timeout error.
I am very thankful for any hint towards a solution of the problem.

Jörn Göres
Insitute for Theoretical Physics
Heidelberg
Germany