List:       tini
Subject:    RE: [TINI] Serial Port problem
From:       Hector Saint-Hilaire <hector.saint-hilaire () verizon ! com>
Date:       2001-08-29 15:25:59

You could add a oneshot timer connected to the RX line, which will fire
after 3.5 character times have passed with it's input at logic 1 (very
simple with a 555 timer). This could drive the external interrupt of the
TINI to alert you about the frame separator arrived.

I know it's hardware, but I'm a hardware creature that just crossed over
the fence into software land... ;)

Santi

Hector Saint-Hilaire
Office: 781-466-2541