List:       tini
Subject:    Re: [TINI] ports and port pins
From:       Don Loomis <don.loomis () dalsemi ! com>
Date:       2001-08-29 14:43:58

Mary Assaad wrote:

> Hello TINI world!
>     Just wondering, if I'm not using CAN1 or serial 1, but I am using
> 1-wire devices, can I use  XRX1 (P5.2, pin 15) and TX1 (P5.3, pin 14)
> as general purpose pins??  Also wondering if I can use P5.0, and P5.1,
> I think I can, but doesn't hurt to check :)
> thank you
> Mary

Take a look at Table 9.1 on page 200 of the TINI Spec

http://www.ibutton.com/TINI/book.html

That describes the port pins and their various uses. The short answers
to your specific questions are:

1) No you cant the p5.2 and p5.3 as GPIO if your using the external
1-Wire master.

2) Yes, if your not using CAN or the 'built-in' I2C you can use p5.0 and
p5.1 as GPIO.

Hope this helps.

Don