List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    Re: [SLE] Confuse...
From:       dids <richard () diddyland ! com>
Date:       2002-05-05 8:25:31

Yep Curtis is right,

Ignore our moanings, even mine !!

Looking back on the hassle I had with 7.3 ( I didnt realise at the start )
8.0 is excellent. More SDB documentation will slowly appear on the issues that
have popped up, so its an ongoing support thing.

7.3 gave me endless nightmares with kde3 and certain gnome things. I never got
my SBlive working once again I broke the setup.

With 8.0 I'm pretty happy with the new 2.4.18 kernel, this time Im going to
try and stick with it instead of fiddling.

Go ahead with 8.0, I think you will be surprised. Actually I seem to remember
lots of moans about 7.3 when it appeared.

I've just installed 8.0 on a machine which will be an internet server -
email/dialout etc for a charity where I'm IT Volunteer. This is the first
time I feel I can leave linux running and not worry about supporting it.

dids