List:       suse-linux-e
Subject:    [SLE] SUSE 8.0 and prism2_cs
From:       stefmit <stefmit () starband ! net>
Date:       2002-05-05 8:16:07

I am trying to use a Netgear MA401 PCMCIA wireless card with my laptop running
SUSE 8.0. Under 7.3 I used to choose orinoco_cs under the modules (thus not
the PCMCIA option), and used to work fine. Now this option won't work in 8.0,
but - according to some fellow Linux users - regular pcmcia incorporated
should. Oh, well, when doing that here is what I get in the message log:

init_module: prism2_cs.o: 0.1.13-devel1 Loaded
init_module: dev_info is: prism2_cs
prism2_cs: CardServices release does not match!
p80211.o: 0.1.13-devel1 Unloaded

Any ideas on how to fix this? This is an 8.0 patched with the latest from
SUSE's site (via a regular Ethernet wired card I had to use :))

NOTE: I could probably try the
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/
but I was hoping in something done by SUSE right!

Thx,
Stefan