List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KMail doesn't see local folders
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-02-11 18:08:24

søndag den 9. februar 2020 11.53.08 CET skrev Vojtěch Zeisek:
> after I replaced disk, reinstalled everything etc. I recreated all Akonadi
> resources. This was fast and smooth apart of one think. I had bunch of
> expiry rules on my main IMAP account to download (move) old e-mails into
> local Maildir. I set KMail local folders to point to
> /home/vojta/.local/share/local- mail/ The settings dialog says it's valid
> Maildir folder. It has 14 GB. Everything seems to be correct, but KMail
> doesn't see the folders. Clearing Akonadi cache and trying to restart it
> etc. didn't help. Any idea how to make KMail reading valid Maildir folder?

I vaguely remember having similar problems. I don't really remember the
details, but If I remember correctly for some strange reason you need to have
a hidden folder, even though you're already below a hidden folder (~.local/).
Again if I remember correctly someone told me this is supposedly expected
behaviour according to some standard.

E.g. I have my local mail in (note that "indbox.directory" is a hidden
folder):
/home/cb400f/.local/share/local-mail/.inbox.directory/

And the corresponding configured path for my local folders agent in KMail/
Akonadi is: /home/cb400f/.local/share/local-mail

I hope this somehow leads to a solution.