List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KMail doesn't see local folders
From:       Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2020-02-12 16:47:54

Dne úterý 11. února 2020 19:08:24 CET, Martin Schlander napsal(a):
> søndag den 9. februar 2020 11.53.08 CET skrev Vojtěch Zeisek:
> > after I replaced disk, reinstalled everything etc. I recreated
> > all Akonadi resources. This was fast and smooth apart of one
> > think. I had bunch of expiry rules on my main IMAP account to
> > download (move) old e-mails into local Maildir. I set KMail
> > local folders to point to /home/vojta/.local/share/local-mail/
> > The settings dialog says it's valid Maildir folder. It has 14
> > GB. Everything seems to be correct, but KMail doesn't see the
> > folders. Clearing Akonadi cache and trying to restart it etc.
> > didn't help. Any idea how to make KMail reading valid Maildir folder?
>
> I vaguely remember having similar problems. I don't really remember
> the details, but If I remember correctly for some strange reason
> you need to have a hidden folder, even though you're already below
> a hidden folder (~.local/). Again if I remember correctly someone
> told me this is supposedly expected behaviour according to some standard.
> E.g. I have my local mail in (note that "indbox.directory" is a hidden
> folder):
> /home/cb400f/.local/share/local-mail/.inbox.directory/
> And the corresponding configured path for my local folders agent
> in KMail/ Akonadi is: /home/cb400f/.local/share/local-mail
> I hope this somehow leads to a solution.

Thank You, but I don't think this is the solution. Maildir folders do use this
notation with some names starting with dot, this I didn't touch. Moreover, the
folders were on the very same place before reinstall, I just moved them to
backup and back, keeping place, structure, naming scheme, everything, but now
KMail doesn't see them... :-(

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
https://trapa.cz/