List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Plasma 5.8pre -> Factory?
From:       Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel () suse ! de>
Date:       2016-09-09 6:57:51

šumski schrieb:
> On Thursday 08 of September 2016 10:35:47 Ludwig Nussel wrote:
>> Fabian Vogt schrieb:
>>>
>>> I agree that Plasma 5.8 should be submitted as early as possible, but
>>> there are not even tars available yet.
>>> AFAICS, the earliest date some non-git packages can be made is Sep 15.
>>> Even those are beta, so it's not planned for TW. (Staging shouldn't be
>>> a problem though). I guess we could submit the beta packages to 42.2
>>> while leaving TW at 5.7.4 for those two weeks.
>>
>> Sure, but we could have git based packages until actual tarball releases
>> are created, right?
>
> Sure, but we need to adjust all the specs not to search for translations, plus
> bundle-lang will need adjustments too. openQA-ing krypton does not help?

It is of tremendous help of course. Still, staging and the various
automated Factory reviews have the potential to bring up other
issues. My naive assumption was that the Krypton iso is based on
packages built from git, so I thought it should be straight forward
to submit :-) Are Krypton packages different from the packages built
from tarballs?

cu
Ludwig

--