List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Plasma 5.8pre -> Factory?
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-09-08 19:57:12

On Thursday, 8 September 2016 18:34:03 CEST šumski wrote:

> > Sure, but we could have git based packages until actual tarball releases
> > are created, right?
>
> Sure, but we need to adjust all the specs not to search for translations,
> plus bundle-lang will need adjustments too. openQA-ing krypton does not
> help?

I would agree with Hrvoje here.  The spec-files for the git packages would
cause a lot of work before and after.

From the original message my understanding is if the kde team could submit new
packages earlier to factory in order to get the legal review done. I am not
sure if there are new packages in either Frameworks or Plasma ?  I believe
that the main package generator is KDE Applications, which we got reviewed for
KDE Apps 16.08, which is the target for Leap. These got already submitted.

The next step could be to submit the betas for the targetted Frameworks and
Plasma releases to Factory for reviews. However I fail to see how this would
help ?  Packages will still change afterwards which would trigger a new
review.

Regards
Raymond