List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Plasma 5.8pre -> Factory?
From:       Fabian Vogt <fabian () ritter-vogt ! de>
Date:       2016-09-09 7:25:25

Am Freitag, 9. September 2016, 08:57:51 CEST schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
> šumski schrieb:

> > > Sure, but we could have git based packages until actual tarball releases
> > > are created, right?
> >
> > Sure, but we need to adjust all the specs not to search for translations, plus
> > bundle-lang will need adjustments too. openQA-ing krypton does not help?
>
> It is of tremendous help of course. Still, staging and the various
> automated Factory reviews have the potential to bring up other
> issues. My naive assumption was that the Krypton iso is based on
> packages built from git, so I thought it should be straight forward
> to submit :-) Are Krypton packages different from the packages built
> from tarballs?

Yes, in various ways:
- Some packages have a different name (kmail5.spec -> kmail.spec)
- Translations live in a separate repo and thus aren't built
- Sometimes different build options if it can optionally build against something not \
                yet released
- They are only built with Qt 5.7 (from git as well)

It might be a good idea to clean that up and make it at least script-friendly to \
convert the spec files, but it's not a small undertaking. For Plasma, which lives in \
KDE:Unstable:Frameworks, the first point shouldn't apply, but it's still not close \
enough AFAICS.

Also, the branding is currently only half-baked, so I haven't submitted that into the \
repo yet, which means it's identical to upstream. It should be complete (same level \
as 42.1, so no new graphics) on the weekend though. What could be done (I guess) is \
to run a script on all Plasma packages, localrun the service temporarily and submit \
that to 42.2. Would that be ok?

I wonder how the users/testers would react to the unreleased-ness of Plasma in the \
next version...

Cheers,
Fabian