List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] https://github.com/openSUSE/libzypp/pull/14
From:       Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2012-10-28 20:41:39

On 28 October 2012 20:26, Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@gmail.com> wro=
te:
> S=C3=B8ndag den 28. oktober 2012 19:30:42 skrev Cristian Morales Vega:
>> I want to believe you. But the real world keeps saying that if the
>> openSUSE KDE Team wanted to keep kupdateapplet it only needed to ask
>> Will to expend ONE of the multiple hours he expended in Apper in
>> kupdateapplet.
>
> I still can't believe your cluelessness of the KDE team, who is on it, an=
d how
> it works.

If the answer to "who is on it?" isn't: "the people on the Members
section of http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:KDE_team" then it shouldn't
be so hard to believe. You know, people can't get wrong impressions
when the documentation is wrong. Can I ask you to please update that
page with whatever is the correct answer to "who is on it?"?

Also, I am going to do the only thing I can to fix my ignorance and I
am going to make you one question: "How does it work?"

>> But let's make this easy. I created submit request #139623 to go back
>> to use kupdateapplet. If the openSUSE KDE team wants to get rid of
>> PackageKit it only needs to do a single click on "Accept". And since
>> nobody else did, I just added the topic for discussion in the meeting
>> from Wednesday.
>
> If it actually works well, and you're planning to maintain it for the lon=
> haul, fix bugs, handle localization etc., there should be a good chance.

I added a comment to the SR to make this clear. *I* am not going to
maintain it. Take it just like an offer of a little fix to make it
easier for somebody else to start maintaining it.