List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Library problems with KDE3.1 under SuSE 7.2
From:       Richard Bos <allabos () freeler ! nl>
Date:       2003-02-16 8:55:18

Op zaterdag 15 februari 2003 13:19, schreef Matt T.:
> I also searched everywhere for "libkcm_konq.la", and I did not find it,
> even not on another system which did NOT show this error. So I assume it is
> not that this file is missing, but that there is a bug in some code.

You did not search good enough :)
(at ftp.gwdg.de);
/ftp/pub/linux/suse/apt $ zgrep libkcm_konq.la Ap* | sort -u
AptContents.SuSE-7.3-i386.gz:opt/kde2/lib/kde2/libkcm_konq.la X11_KDE_Base/kdebase

> Somehow I have the feeling that it could help to install the kde2 compat.
> rpm. I did this together with the release installation, so it could be that
> it is involved somehow. If I got it right, "libkcm_konq.la" originally
> belongs to kde2.

It should help to install the rpm kdebase (that is without 3).

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless