List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [suse-kde] Library problems with KDE3.1 under SuSE 7.2
From:       "Matt T." <Matt () Boons ! net>
Date:       2003-02-15 12:19:01

On Saturday 15 February 2003 02:41, John Richter wrote:
> Hello. I've recently installed KDE3.1 on my SuSE 7.2 system, and I've
> encountered some difficulties. Whenever I right click the pager and
> choose "Configure Virtual Desktops", I get a popup window that
> says:
>
> "There was an error loading the module".
>
> The diagnostics line reads:
>
> 'Library files for "libkcm_konq.la" not found in paths'
>
> I get a similar message if I right click the desktop and choose "Configure
> Desktop", and then pick the "Desktop" item from the list on the left.
>
> Why is libkcm_konq.la missing? Did I forget to install something, is
> something misconfigured, or is there a file missing in the distribution?
>
> 	-John

I had the same error message some time ago when I installed the rc versions of
kde3.1, however iI did get the error in control center when I looked at the
konqui configuration.

It dissappeared when I installed the kde3.1 release (for SuSE8.1 and the
latest snapshots.

I also searched everywhere for "libkcm_konq.la", and I did not find it, even
not on another system which did NOT show this error. So I assume it is not
that this file is missing, but that there is a bug in some code.

Somehow I have the feeling that it could help to install the kde2 compat. rpm.
I did this together with the release installation, so it could be that it is
involved somehow. If I got it right, "libkcm_konq.la" originally belongs to
kde2.

HTH, Matt T.