List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] Can't find
From:       "Aaron McSorley" <aaron.mcsorley () amd ! com>
Date:       2002-11-21 23:46:43

Here is my config which seems to work
   note that all of the "info" options are on the same line as the kernel

I have another question, what is "framebuffer 1" doing, I assumed
  it would enable framebuffer for a gui install, but that doesn't work on
  my hardware. Is there something "framebuffer 1" is doing that "vga=788"
  isn't ?

color white/blue black/light-gray
default 0
timeout 8
#framebuffer 1

title autoinstall-bootp
         bootp
         root (nd)
         ifconfig --server=192.168.0.1

     kernel (nd)/linux vga=788 language=english netdevice=eth0
server=192.168.0.1 serverdir=/home/ftp/pub/suse
install=nfs://192.168.0.1/home/ftp/pub/suse
autoyast=nfs://192.168.0.1/home/ftp/pub/suse/autoyast.xml

     initrd (nd)/initrd

...aaron.mcsorley@amd.com

Amanda Dahl,(4686) wrote:
> Hello,
> I've changed my menu.lst to the following and it still cannot find the
> Installation Source:
>
> \--------BEGIN menu.lst----------
>
> color white/blue black/light-gray
> default 0
> timeout 8
> framebuffer 1
>
> title autoinstall-bootp
> bootp
> ifconfig --server=192.168.122.160
> root (nd)
> kernel (nd)/linux install=nfs://192.168.122.160/tftpboot/suse80
> server=192.168.122.160 serverdir=/tftpboot autoyast=default
> initrd (nd)/initrd
>
> -------------END menu.lst --------\
>
> It finds:
> - Both the initrd and linux, which are located in /tftpboot.
>
> It can't seem to find:
> -The autoinst.xml, which is located both in /tftpboot and on the floppy.
> -The SuSE repository, which is located in /tftpboot/suse80.
>
> My TFTP server is configured to use /tftpboot as the root dir.
> The directory /tftpboot is exported, and the NFS server is running. I
> can mount it elsewhere.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why it cannot find the Installation Source?
>
> Many thanks,
> Amanda
>

> Anas Nashif wrote:
>
>> * Amanda Dahl,(4686) <amanda@inpharmatica.co.uk> [Nov 15. 2002 16:08]:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>> I am using the Grub floppy to initiate system boot via bootp & tftpd.
>>> It is able to locate and load the kernel, but when it gets to the
>>> SuSE Installation Program it tries to locate the infofile and then
>>> moves on to a screen where it says "Please make sure that CD number 1
>>> is in your drive!". I have supplied a location for the installation
>>> source, but it doesn't seem to be finding it.
>>> I am specifying the locations of everything in the menu.lst on the
>>> Grub disk, as my DHCP server setup must remain plain vanilla if
>>> possible. Here is what I have for the menu.lst:
>>>
>>> color white/blue black/light-gray
>>> default 0
>>> timeout 8
>>> framebuffer 1
>>>
>>> title autoinstall-bootp
>>>       bootp
>>>       tftpserver 192.168.122.160
>>>

>> from the grub manual:
>>    Caution: This command exists only for backward compatibility. Use
>> ifconfig
>> (see ifconfig) instead.
>>

>>>       root (nd)
>>>   kernel (nd)/linux install=(nd)/suse80 serverdir=(nd)/suse80
>>> autoyast=(nd)/autoinst.xml
>>>

>> I am not sure whether this is possible. install needs a valid URI, i,e,
> [...]
>>> 020 7074 4700 fax
>>> amanda@inpharmatica.co.uk

--
   _______                Aaron McSorley