List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    [suse-autoinstall] Package install fails with "ERROR"
From:       "Amanda Dahl,(4686)" <amanda () inpharmatica ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-11-22 10:35:51

Hello all,
I've managed to get my test machine to boot from the network and locate
the installation source. Now, when it launches Yast2, it gets the
configuration file and begins the installation just fine, but after it
installs about 10 packages, it begins to fail on each package. The only
message in the error log shows the package name and "ERROR", and there
is nothing of consequence on the other console screens. It fails on
every single package after the first 10-12 and if I hit enter to get
through all the packages, it finally says that there was an error on
installation and that it couldn't write to LILO. Has anyone else run
into this? Could this be due to the way I have my installation
repository setup? I copied all the install disks into one directory, and
set that directory as the installation source. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Regards,
Amanda

--