List:       suse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [suse-autoinstall] X11 keyboard config?
From:       Bernd Leibing <bernd.leibing () rz ! uni-ulm ! de>
Date:       2002-11-20 18:09:06

Bjorn Tore Sund wrote:
> Hi Anas, people,
>
> I've spent the last couple of weeks setting up autoyast2 for a diverse
> network with 80 machines.  Anas' online buglist (and the patches it
> pointed to) answered most of the questions I wanted to ask, but not this
> one:
>
> Is there a way (beyond applying sed to /etc/X11/XF86Config, which is
> what I do today) for me to set the X11 keyboard map?  I keep getting
> machines configured with a US keymap, which with Norwegian keyboards
> is anything but nifty.  Setting the _language_ to Norwegian isn't an
> option, my keyboards may be Norwegian but 20% of my users aren't...
>
> <General> -> <keyboard> only affects the console keymap.

I had the same Problem with German keyboards. I too prefered not to
use German as language.

  <install>
     <general>
       <keyboard>
         <keymap>german</keymap>
       </keyboard>
       <language>en_US</language>
     </general>
  </install>

didn't worked. I found that an additional sysconfig entry worked
as easy workaround.

     <sysconfig config:type="list">
       <sysconfig_entry>
         <sysconfig_key>KEYTABLE</sysconfig_key>
         <sysconfig_path>keyboard</sysconfig_path>
         <sysconfig_value>de-latin1-nodeadkeys.map.gz</sysconfig_value>
       </sysconfig_entry>
     </sysconfig>

You will find an Norwegian KEYTABLE in /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/*/*

Bernd

--
Bernd 'Bing' Leibing      Computing Center, University of Ulm, Germany
Email: <bernd.leibing@rz.uni-ulm.de>                Tel. 0731-50-22516