List:       sun-managers
Subject:    2.6 ps doesn't complete
From:       Jonathan.Loh () BankAmerica ! com
Date:       1998-01-30 15:01:03

     On one of our Sparc20's, we are doing time machine testing.  It has
2.6 loaded on it, with patches.  The current date is set to Jan 4 2000.  We
are starting to see a peculiarity, where 'ps -ef' never completes, it just
hangs.  When we try to break out it will not let us.  I've also noticed
that I can log on remotely but not from the console, again it just hangs.
And I can't kill it because I can't get the PID!!

Specs: Sparc20
patches: 105216
     105393
     105518