List:       sidewinder
Subject:    [Sidewinder] Re:Hung Restore
From:       Alasdair Mor <alasdair () techemail ! com>
Date:       2001-11-15 18:11:33

Yes. I had the same thing happen on similar hardware. I was trying to run the restore from my 5.0 CD after a botched 5.1 upgrade and it was hanging on /var/spool. I had a burst of inspiration and tried the restore using a borrowed 5.1 CD (I had just downloaded the upgrade so didn't have one of my own) and the restore went without a hitch. I, too, had suspected a tape problem, but I tried several other tapes with the same initial results.

I now request the upgraded media and docs from Secure Computing before upgrading... once bitten...

Alasdair