List:       selinux
Subject:    question
From:       Stefanos Harhalakis <v13 () priest ! com>
Date:       2007-02-05 17:33:59

Hi there,

  Recently I started reading of selinux and I find it very useful. I'm planing
to use it for a multiuser server installation during the next 6 months. I've
read most of the documents I could find and a large portion of the 'SELinux
by Example' book.

  No matter where I looked I did not find an answer to the following question:

  When using the refpolicy, is it possible to adjust permissions without
changing the existing modules? As far as I understand, the proper way to
perform changes to existing modules is to change the appropriate .te file and
recompile it, but this presumes that there is only one kind of policy, one
policy tree and no future upgrades. Should I create my own supplementary
modules without defining any interfaces and load them?