List:       python-list
Subject:    Re: Question
From:       "Simon Brunning" <simon () brunningonline ! net>
Date:       2007-02-05 11:36:52

On 2/4/07, Magdy Sanad <mrsanad1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have certain data in the default file format ( GADGET ) .
>
> I Will be appreciated if you guide me to read these data
>
> under Python ?

You'd probably get more help if you told people what GADGET is. ;-)
Are you talking about this - <http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/gadget/>?

If so, then a quick Google doesn't reveal anything pre-built. But
then, "gadget" is a pretty appalling product name to Google for - *so*
many hits for that word!

There's a run-down on the file format here, though -
<https://www.ita.uni-heidelberg.de/internal/wiki/index.php/Scientific:Gadget>,
so you might be able to write your own using the struct module.

Good luck!

--
Cheers,
Simon B