List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: I'm looking for any! information about ruby and QT
From:       "Caleb Tennis" <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2007-07-13 17:19:25

> Hi yes I did the ui file with qt4-designer but what do you mean with
> qtruby stuff? I just wanna use qt4 but where can I check which is used
> by ruby? I have qt4 installed!

I can tell just by looking at the .rb file you generated when you ran "rbuic".  On
my system (which is not ubuntu, so it may be different), the one for Qt4 is called
"rbuic4", and it generates a completely different type of output.  The ui stuff
between Qt3 and Qt4 changed dramatically, and my guess is that whatever tutorial or
information you're using is geared for Qt3.

But the fact that you have both sets of qtruby toolkits installed will probably lead
to confusion.  I would get rid of the qtruby for Qt3 if you want to stick with the
Qt4 version.  You can fire up irb to find out what you're using:

tc@tc12 ~/test $ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'Qt'
Q=> true
irb(main):002:0> Qt::version