List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: QTRuby + QT4 + Win32
From:       "Edgardo Hames" <ehames () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-13 13:22:50

On 3/12/07, richard.j.dale@gmail.com <richard.j.dale@gmail.com> wrote:

> We've recently got Qt4 QtRuby building with cmake on both Linux and
> Mac OS X, which is a giant step forward. In theory it should be just
> as easy to build on Windows now, but as none of the developers (ie
> Caleb Tennnis or myself) are particularly Windows oriented we haven't
> had time to try it yet. The next release will be quite soon and use
> cmake and so I'm really hoping that normal humans will finally be able
> to easily build QtRuby in all enviroments without having to deal with
> 'autohell'.

I've got a similar but completely different problem on Mac OS X :)
I installed the precompiled Qt version available as dmg (4.2.3) in my
Mac before downloading qtruby-1.4.7.
But somehow I cannot get the qtruby configure script to find the qt
libs or headers. It complains that it cannot find Qt >= 4.1. (This Qt
version is divided into separate frameworks, and I found on the forum
this may cause some trouble)

Will this issue be fixed in the next qtruby version or do I need to
uninstall the precompiled qt and install from source? How do I
uninstall previous Qt version?

Thanks,
Ed
--