List:       ruby-talk
Subject:    Re: QTRuby + QT4 + Win32
From:       "Caleb Tennis" <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2007-03-13 13:29:08

> I've got a similar but completely different problem on Mac OS X :)
> I installed the precompiled Qt version available as dmg (4.2.3) in my
> Mac before downloading qtruby-1.4.7.
> But somehow I cannot get the qtruby configure script to find the qt
> libs or headers. It complains that it cannot find Qt >= 4.1. (This Qt
> version is divided into separate frameworks, and I found on the forum
> this may cause some trouble)

I'm pretty sure that 1.4.7 doesn't find frameworks.  I think to use it you'll have
to install Qt from source, and build it with -no-frameworks (or whatever the
configure switch is called).

> Will this issue be fixed in the next qtruby version or do I need to
> uninstall the precompiled qt and install from source? How do I
> uninstall previous Qt version?

It's definitely fixed in subversion, as I've built qtruby on OSX last week using the
downloaded Qt 4.2.3 .dmg.  However, this verison of QtRuby hasn't been released yet
as a package.  I'm not sure what the release timeframe is (soon I hope!).  If you
want to check out the subversion sources and build qtruby all you need it subversion
and cmake and a little persistence. :)

Caleb