List:       redhat-list
Subject:    promail folders and filters
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-09-19 16:49:25

hello,
i have a linux account at school.  to check my mail, i can ssh into one of the
linux machines at school and just type mutt.  problem with that is that i'm
on like 20 mailing list and my inbox is just a huge mess.  so instead, i use
kmail from my home machine to log into the pop server and download all my
emails and use filters to put them in different folders.

my question is if i use procmail to filter my mail into different maildirs on
my school machine, will i still be able to download them all on my home
machine using kmail and using pop?

i.e. my school machine puts all my mail into $HOME/mailbox.  if i use procmail
to filter mail from mailbox to different maildirs, will i still be able to
get them all when i check my email from home via pop?

thanks,
-- christopher