List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: read only cvs account...?
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-05-31 17:46:02

On Saturday 31 May 2003 11:53 am, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Are you using CVS over pserver or ssh?  If it's over ssh, add a user on
> the system for "someone" and don't add them to the group that has write
> access to the cvs repository.

i did that, i'm using cvs over ssh and i made an account for that user.  that
account does not have write access to the module dir in my cvsroot.  but when
i use that account to checkout the module, it complains about not being able
to create a directory lock in the module directory:

cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/shared/cvsroot//lordorean'
(/shared/cvsroot//lordorean/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/shared/cvsroot//lordorean'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

thanks for the help,
-- christopher