List:       redhat-list
Subject:    Re: read only cvs account...?
From:       Gordon Messmer <yinyang () eburg ! com>
Date:       2003-05-31 16:53:45

christopher j bottaro wrote:
> i have a module in my cvs repository that i work with on a daily basis in a
> normal manner.  i want to allow someone read only access to the module (i.e.
> i don't want this person to be able to add, remote, commit files).  i just
> want them to be able to check out the module and that is all.  how would i go
> about doing this?

Are you using CVS over pserver or ssh?  If it's over ssh, add a user on
the system for "someone" and don't add them to the group that has write
access to the cvs repository.

There's more info on CVS repository management in the CVS book:
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/

I recommend that you buy it if you're doing important stuff with CVS.