List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] [Quanta] Who wants to move Quanta forward?
From:       Mike Bonar <oldpond () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-28 1:59:21

On Sunday 27 December 2009 12:50:19 Niko Sams wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 19:39, Arthur Marsh
>
> <arthur.marsh@internode.on.net> wrote:
> > Niko Sams wrote, on 28/12/09 04:39:

> >> Hi,
> >> what are your use-cases for quanta?
> >> Niko
> >
> > Just some simple personal web-pages.
> >
> > Quanta can handle strict XHTML 1.1 compliance better than other web page
> > editors and allows one to see that the structure of a web page is
> > correct, so that an external validator is only needed at the end of an
> > editing session rather than several times during the session.
>
> that means you need:
> - html code completion
> - html validator
> - support for html doctypes
> All that is unfortunately not yet avaliable, someoe has to pick the
> html plugin up.
>
> Niko

What's the strategy for moving Quanta forward?  Is the plan to make it part of
KDevelop? ie. A plugin approach?  Create a web dev project template?  or will
it remain a separate application?

Is there a guide for getting a basic development environment set up for quanta
development?  ie. I am used to eclipse development where we install a specific
version of eclipse and java and then check out the latest code from svn.  Are
there instructions for doing that with kdevelop?  In other open source
projects I have been involved with, that is the first step.

So, what's the strategy, and how does a beginner get started?

Mike