List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Upload-Plugin
From:       "Niko Sams" <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-11 19:44:00

Hi,

> One focus I want to work on for Quanta4 is team web site development.
Do you mean only the code-level - or also communication of teams?
(like kdevplatform-teamwork-plugin - although i never worked with this
one)

About your ideas - sorry I don't understand everything you are talking
about - forgive my questions...

> * Project file shared information - configurable on upload?
What information would that be?

> * Upload command configurable to recognize if project configured to use CVS or
> SVN commit for upload? (probably bypass upload dialog and show revision
> contrl tool as building it into the dialog sounds painful)
Do you mean commit+upload in one step?

> * show Quanta Actions associated with upload in a separate tab? Essentially
> the thought is - how do we make the ability to incorporate scripts with
> upload more friendly
Do you have examples what those scripts might do?

> * in particular we need to have an Action or offer a script or something that
> makes it relatively easy for a user to make sure they don't lock out other
> users on new files. I know we can't do it all or be sure a given solution
> will work, but we need to have some "stock solutions" we offer.
Is this about a 2-way-sync?

Niko