List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Upload-Plugin
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-02-10 22:05:51

On Sunday 10 February 2008 11:29:41 am Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your review.
> I finally committed the upload-plugin to svn. It's not finished, but
> already in a working state.

Hi Niko,
It's great to see you contributing. Presently with all I've had going on I
have not been following Quanta4 development and building it. I will begin
shortly. I'm really busy with work and Kommander at the moment. I wanted to
mention some things though.

One focus I want to work on for Quanta4 is team web site development. In
version 3x we added some functionality but didn't test it. Then we constantly
were thrown against too short deadlines for desktop release schedules and
freezes. As a result much of this functionality in Quanta is "half-there".
You can work as a team, but sharing a project file only almost works. An RCS
is definitely better for team development than just the upload system, but...
Here are some ideas to contemplate for version 4...

* Project file shared information - configurable on upload?
* Upload command configurable to recognize if project configured to use CVS or
SVN commit for upload? (probably bypass upload dialog and show revision
contrl tool as building it into the dialog sounds painful)
* show Quanta Actions associated with upload in a separate tab? Essentially
the thought is - how do we make the ability to incorporate scripts with
upload more friendly
* in particular we need to have an Action or offer a script or something that
makes it relatively easy for a user to make sure they don't lock out other
users on new files. I know we can't do it all or be sure a given solution
will work, but we need to have some "stock solutions" we offer.

Beyond that Andras and I need to use the new features so we can see what we
like and don't like *before* we release this time. ;)

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module