List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Upload-Plugin
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-02-10 21:18:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

 I saw your commits, but did not expect that you will commit new stuff
as well. This is not a complaint. :)

> New/Changed:
> - A Upload-Profile-FilesView - that display the server-side files -
> as Quanta3 did it
>   Quanta3 hat an individual dock for every profile, I packed it into
> one dock with a ComboBox
>   above to select the profile. (using View -> Add Tool View it is
> posible to open more views)

I like it. Maybe a direct access there (an icon) to edit the profile
would be a good thing/

> - added "mark as uploaded" feature (as in Quanta3)

Good (I just adapted the string to the KDE GUI guidelines.)

> - Implemented Quick Upload (as in Quanta3)
>   (one difference: it doesn't upload unchanged files)
Good. Regarding that difference, I have to think about if it is good or
not. :)

> - Layout of the UploadDialog improved
> - To display the progress I used now a KProgressDialog - instead of
> the ProgressBar below
>   the UploadDialog. When doing a Quick-Upload the UploadDialog isn't
> needed at all.

The second part is ok. But using KProgressDialog when the upload dialog
is visible, is maybe not that good. IIRC with Quanta3 you could cancel
the upload and make some changes there, if you noticed that something
goes wrong. Now the upload dialog is gone, once the upload starts.

> ToDo:
> - Improve GUI for editing the Profile-Url: Use a graphical
> dir-selector (useful for the path)
>   any ideas on this?

Worths a try.

> > Of course I couldn't read it line by line, and I don't want to do.
> > For the code, I have the following (small) comments: - please add
> > doxygen documentation for the headers. I know it is not the case
> > for all the other plugins, but i'd like to set this as a
> > requirement for new code that is added.
>
> I added them. (for classes and public functions)
> Is that enough? If not - what should be added?

The goal would be to make Quanta more easier to maintain and to be
extended by contributors. So not only public, but also private classes
should be documented. Just like to did in UploadPlugin, but for the rest
as well. E.g the usertoolbars plugin is a good example, there almost
everything is documented.

> I added "add_definitions ( -DKDE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_AREA=24000 )" to
> upload/CMakeLists.txt.
> Was this the correct place?

I moved it (quanta/CMakeLists.txt).

> > - use KWallet for storing the password
>
> Isn't KWalled used automatically by KIO? For my tests with a
> fish-server KWallet stored
> the password.
I'm not sure, maybe it does. I have to test it throughfully, to not
confuse with password caching.

> Yes - I would like to work on Quanta! I hope I find enough
> free-time... For now I have enough to do with this plugin, but later
> I plan to work on other parts too.

Great, you're welcome here. :)

Andras