List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Where implement Upload Profiles?
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-01-04 13:02:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Niko,

> I would like to help developing Quanta4. I have some Qt4 experience,
> hopefully enough...

I am happy to see you interested in Quanta.

> I thought a not too hard job would be the upload profiles (imho the most
> useful Quanta3-feature).
>
> Now my questions:
> - Should this be a new plugin - or added to the projectfilemanager?

I would say this should go in a plugin itself so that people who don't need
this feature can disable it. However that does not say anything about how it
will get presented inside of the GUI. In my mind was already an idea to make
the projectfilemanager flexible so that other plugins can display their stuff
there. Something along the line of creating a wrapper model or so.
However the easiest solution is to create your own widget(s) for this.

> - for now it would be the easiest to reuse the .session file from Quanta3
> projects

Where to store the information is something I and Andras have thought about
already but we did not come to any final solution. I think one way would be
to use custom fileitems which can handle additional data from Quanta.

> - how do I add a upload-file action to the context-menu of the
> project-view

There is a way to add actions to the context menu. The way how to do it
changed in kdevelop4 but you should be able to find examples. Either in
Quanta4 or Kdevelop4.

> - > where could be the dialog to edit the upload-profiles
> (belongs to some project-properties - which don't exist yet(?))

There is a standard way to add configuration pages for plugins. Please check
kdev-platform for this. There should be some examples already.

Jens