List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Quanta docs
From:       "J. S." <FedoraCore () centrewebdesign ! com>
Date:       2006-12-26 5:19:00

Greetings to the Quanta+ / KDE Docbook development team and authors!

this is Jeff Sabarese, a contributing editor / author for the Quanta+
documentation (though i've yet to contribute or edit anything). I'm
touching base w/ you because i'm about to spend some of my available
time on this project.

i discovered the Quanta+ "File Tree" for the first time only a few days
ago when it opened unexpectedly (i'm not sure why, or how i got to the
view, but it seemed to happen almost as a result of a bug), when the
default view, panels and toolbars, or "window" placements suddenly
seemed to take on a mind of their own, quite different from their
"default" positions--and somehow through the process of getting the
panels and editor window "back to normal", the remote File (Project)
Tree became visible-- i believe it appeared as i tried some options of
the menu: Window -> MDI Mode). The story does ramble-- so let me just
say it was the File Tree which made me think of the "DreamWeaver Site",
and inspired me to focus my thought on a potential tutorial / how to for
this subject in the Quanta+ documentation-- perhaps leading a reader
through a step-by-step "Using a Quanta+ Upload Profile Remote File Tree
to Manage a Project . . . ".

looking at http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdewebdev/quanta/  , using a
Firefox Ctrl+F on the Table of Contents reveals nothing about the
Project Tree or / File Tree. however, this page does detail it:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdewebdev/quanta/quanta-projects-3-2.html

before i go on rambling, and re-writing this email yet again-- let me
just stop myself and ask.
does it make sense for me to focus on this page (or this topic in
general) as a starting point? i realize it's rather a random selection--
perhaps you advise something, related to my interest in this page, which
might more appropriately become my contributions to documentation?

in the meantime-- because it is doing me a lot of good, i'm going to
continue just looking around at the existing docs, and playing w/ Quanta+.
what should be the first file i open from the SVG? surely there must be
one more than the others where i want to look?

i saw in his e-mail to me that Andras indicated the "3.5 branch" as a
suggested starting point. looking at the SVG as copied to my home
folder, i don't see a "3.5 branch" in any sense that i can figure. is it
not a folder branch? is it just a file? or does he mean-- on the web doc
itself? maybe you have a screen capture to help me "see it"?

i am not going to need micro-management once i get going, but i'm afraid
i may be totally off track here all the way at the start. it seems so
simple-- as i should just open a document and start doing .. /something/
... but as of yet, i'm at a loss for a starting point.

thanks so much for your patience, guidance, and continued help!!
--Jeff

FedoraCore@centrewebdesign.com