List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] follow cursor: "documents structure";
From:       "Mike Vasiljevs" <mike.vasiljevs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-24 14:32:50

is possible instead of
(document structure tab)->"document structure"

to have

(document structure tab)->"functions"

to follow the cursor around. if i choose to unselect follow cursor
(e.g. not following cursor) functions list GETS CLOSED, which is
frankly not very helpful, when editing php code.
----------------------
Also Quanta on my opinion is not quite ready for large scale (i mean
10k+ of lines) development (especially for large files). I use FreeBSD
and there are not many commercial IDE's available so i have to use vim
instead. Something like quanta would be a nice transition because it
offers the following excellent features:
-list of symbols (functions) in a tab, which i find more and more
useful with large projects
-symbol autocompletion
-open file, that is in quotes (like "file.php")

I thought i would list the nice to have features (not presuming but i
am the first to enquire but have not found it on mailing lists...)

though it would be nice to have the following accomplished with one key stroke:

-go to symbol (function or variable), including maybe search in other files
-ability to split screen (like <Ctrl-Shift-T> in kate)
-navigating/jumping around source code more easily (like in vim)
-autocompletion of code, e.g. typing " will insert another " after the
cursor, and delete it, when first one is deleted; also maybe some
others like in text mate.

The first feature especially would be nice, because developers need
that a lot (i do anyways) I would be happy to help out to modify the
source code, though i've never coded anything for QT/KDE so maybe
somebody can suggest on where to look (which file, class, method). I
would be really appreciate any feedback or criticism.

Many thanks

mike