List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Search function
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2006-08-08 0:56:26

On Monday 07 August 2006 1:03 pm, Børge Holen wrote:
> On Monday 07 August 2006 21:23, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Konqueror press "/" and start to type... In Quanta, we will have
> > similar function once Katepart has it. It works in the page preview
> > though. ;-)
>
> page preview never shows my pages correctly anyway.
> neither trinity nor khtml does any good rendering around here.

Odd, KHTML does pretty good for me, but by KDE 4 it should be very good as it
passed the Acid2 test ahead of Firefox. Then again do we really expect IE to
pass? I guess it's a matter of who you want to see your pages right. :-(

> for the Konqueror part. THANKS!!! since gtk went fontcrazy in debian, I
> cannot use any gtk programs if I want to read anything. Never used
> konqueror for anything, but it renders select forms a HELLUVA lot faster
> then apples khtml ( why do they still have that namesharing! ).

It's originally the same code base.

> Is there by any chance to be any availability to choose the rendering
> engine and support for local php/apache preview?

You can have preview open any browser you want. That's the best solution
unless you want to write the wrappers to load other rendering engines. Since
Mozilla can be run in Konqueror that should not be too hard but we don't have
an incentive to take effort from elsewhere for it.

Eric