List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] to be colored or not to be colored?
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-05-01 6:10:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Andras,

> MEantime I rm -rf *-d my builddir, run cmake with
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/data2/kde4/install
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdewebdev/

not working here :-( I get always the long compiler output and no color.

> and I get colored output. Actually quanta/CMakeList.txt has
> set(CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE TRUE)
> did you add it there again?

Yes I did, because I thought we need it, but even it is there I do not get
it :-(

> Regarding the status of trunk, if anyone is interested:

I just updated all and I could compile everything. So what is next? I guess
waiting for the next snapshot and the changes in KDevelop for the separate
platform?

We also have to move to the model/view architecture for the treeviews.
And I think KDevelop needs to be prepared for remote projects.
I also saw a check for sourcedir != builddir in KDelibs, shall we add this to
our build system?

> One of the bugs I don't understand is related to the project tree. It
> doesn't show the project files until you type something to the search
> field and delete it. In the files tree it works as it should. :-0

Strange.

> Jens, I think we should add back the + signs for the top-level items in
> the trees. Even if I know that I can click on the icon to open the
> items, it is not standard and confusing.

I did this.

> Also, I installed Skype again, so if you are online have it started and
> we can coordinate better if you chat a littlebit. ;-) I know that I
> wanted to ask you something about two days ago and I saw that you just
> committed, but couldn't reach you through Skype. (Or we can choose
> other chat application, if you want, like the Quanta IRC channel).

I got lazy to start Skype but if you say you will use it I can start it again
when I am online. But I am also fine with IRC, just say what you prefere.

Jens