List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] to be colored or not to be colored?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-29 5:01:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 29 April 2006 07:08, Jens Herden wrote:
> On Saturday 29 April 2006 01:08, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Friday 28 April 2006 19:25, Jens Herden wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > what is your preference for the compiler output. I added the
> > > colored out to the configuration of cmake but it was removed
> > > again. I really like the very short colored output, can we agree
> > > to use this in kdewebdev?
> >
> > I did not remove it, but Laurent did with the commit log:
> > "Sync with other kde module"
>
> Yes, I know.
>
> > I think you can use -DCMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE=TRUE or
> > -DCMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE when running cmake to have the same effect.
>
> I know this too. But the reason why I am asking is to learn what you
> prefere and if the majority wants colored output I like to have this
> as default.

MEantime I rm -rf *-d my builddir, run cmake with
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/data2/kde4/install
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull /data/development/sources/kde-trunk/kdewebdev/           \

and I get colored output. Actually quanta/CMakeList.txt has
set(CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE TRUE)
did you add it there again?

Regarding the status of trunk, if anyone is interested:
- it compiles
- it links
- it doesn't have ui3 designer files (well, this was boring to do)
- it even runs and some things work :-)
- it has lots of bugs
- requires an uptodate kdevelop to fix some bugs and a patched
ktexteditor to not crash when inserting anything into the editor
(comment out  Q_ASSERT(!m_editCurrentUndo); in
KateDocument::undoCancel).

One of the bugs I don't understand is related to the project tree. It
doesn't show the project files until you type something to the search
field and delete it. In the files tree it works as it should. :-0

Jens, I think we should add back the + signs for the top-level items in
the trees. Even if I know that I can click on the icon to open the
items, it is not standard and confusing.

Also, I installed Skype again, so if you are online have it started and
we can coordinate better if you chat a littlebit. ;-) I know that I
wanted to ask you something about two days ago and I saw that you just
committed, but couldn't reach you through Skype. (Or we can choose
other chat application, if you want, like the Quanta IRC channel).

Andras