List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Time to work on Quanta4
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-04-10 7:18:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

>  Yes, this is again a call to work on Quanta4. It seems that I need
> support from somebody else to really start something. ;-)
>  A week ago or so I compiled Qt4 and kdelibs. It was no problem, altough
> I had problems compiling kdebase. From the reports it seems that
> KDevelop should be also compilable. I would come back to my old idea
> again and say that we should start porting to KDE4. To combine it with
> the idea to work on the parser first, here is what I say: write the new
> parser directly using Qt4/KDE4. I'm sure that it will not the that easy
> from the first, and we might need to work somewhat on KDevelop and port
> some parts of Quanta, but it should be doable.
>
>  What do you think?

I must addmit that I promised more than I can could fullfill. I have not had
the time I wanted for Quanta in the past and I am not sure how much time I
will have in the future. So with this background and given the fact that it
looks like it is possible to develop with KDE 4 meanwhile, I think it is fine
to start developing for Quanta 4. I will see how much I can help.

Besides my current time constrains I am planning to visit Andras in August to
spend some time together and work on Quanta 4.

Would this decision also mean that we have no release of Kuanta for KDE3
anymore? I think this is the consequence but unavoidable if we have only one
real developer.

Jens