List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] how to proceed with Quanta?
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-12-20 1:30:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Sometimes changes are needed. Mostly when there is a bug, like it was
> also when we started kdevquanta in the plugin loading code of KDevelop.

Oh I am getting old, what was the problem here again. Which is the lowest
version of KDevelop we can use for Kuanta?

> > So I suggest that we try to get a rework of the parser done first.

> And who starts it? ;-) Ok, the problem is that working on the parser is
> not that easy in a team. But for example I could do the parsing part
> and you could think about how to store the result in KDOM.

Yes working in a team is not easier than alone but the result is often much
better. So I would like to work together with you and not in two different
parts. The parser is so important that it deserves the 4 eyes approach.

I started already ;-)  But only searching around how others did implement a
parser for HTML.

So let me summarize: We are going to work on the parser and the internal data
structure now. When this is finished we will try to create a release and
after this we will switch to KDE4.

To reduce the workload a bit I would suggest to rework only the parser for
HTML/XML first and let the code for special areas untouched whereever
possible.

Maybe we should start a new discussion about what we want that our new parser
should do?

Jens