List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] team configuration is broken
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-08-22 9:13:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Andras,

I am a bit lost because I can not get an overview about all this stuff. And I
do not want to spend so much time with it without clear specification what we
want to achieve. If you, as the person who is working on it, tell me that I
should ask Erik than I get the impression that something is hacked together
without any concept. I do not want to participate in this too much.

Anyway here some more remarks, maybe they are helpfull:

> > which means I can send mails. What else?
> > If it is only mails a name and a mailaddress would be sufficient.
>
> But you don't have to know who is the subproject or team leader (they
> can change).

So in this case you send to a person identified by its role and not by the
name.

> > Yes, works now :-)
> > But strange again. For my understanding the same person has the same
> > nickname no matter what the role is!
>
> Right.
>
> > So in terms of unique identifier
> > the combination of nickname and role should form the identifier.
>
> I don't get it. The same person can have different roles. Now the unique
> identifier is namee + nickname + email.  Nickname will be used for
> messaging in annotations.

In case of annotations you address a person by its nickname and not by its
role, right? In this case one nickname must be used only by one person. That
means the nickname is already the unique identifier otherwise you do not know
whom to display the annotation.

Using two different ways for similar tasks (sending email and sending
annotations) is quite a bad design, because it is hard for the user to follow
this concepts. You force the user to mix two concepts of addressing people
here.

> > > See the Nickname addressbook entry as well.
> >
> > I have no idea what you are talking about. I can not find this entry
> > when I open my addressbook.
>
> It is on the Details tab.

Oh yes, I found it. But why is this unique? I can assign the same nickname to
two different addresses here.

Another remark, if nickname is the unique identifier it should be the first
line in the dialog. The most important data should come first. And, if I
understood it correct now, the name is optional because it is not used for
anything, right?

> > I can not reset myself in the dialog. If I remove the teammember that
> > is me this is not reflected! But if I reopen the dialog I am gone.
> > Anyway what does this relation mean in terms of practical
> > consequences?
>
> Messaging. If there is an annotation addressed to a member with nickname
> "jens", Quanta has to know if you are jens or not.

Oh is this working already? Will it be documented? I could not find any
documentation for the annotations yet.

> BTW, I've updated the handbook as well.

Great.

Jens