List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] team configuration is broken
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-22 5:16:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 22 August 2005 06:02, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi Andras,
>
> > > - what consequences do all the Role, Task and Subproject stuff
> > > have? It looks like I can add many information but it is not
> > > clear what Quanta does with it?
> >
> > 1) organizing
>
> which mean translated: displaying, right?
> > 2) events
>
> which means I can send mails. What else?
> If it is only mails a name and a mailaddress would be sufficient.

But you don't have to know who is the subproject or team leader (they
can change).

> Yes, works now :-)
> But strange again. For my understanding the same person has the same
> nickname no matter what the role is!
Right.

> So in terms of unique identifier
> the combination of nickname and role should form the identifier.
I don't get it. The same person can have different roles. Now the unique
identifier is namee + nickname + email.  Nickname will be used for
messaging in annotations.

> > See the Nickname addressbook entry as well.
>
> I have no idea what you are talking about. I can not find this entry
> when I open my addressbook.

It is on the Details tab.

> > > - Why can I only add the teamleader as a recipient for email in
> > > the event action configuration?
> >
> > Be sure to close first the dialog, otherwise newly added members do
> > not appear there as they are not actually added. I see this is a
> > problem, but I'm not sure how can we deal with it.
>
> Very strange for the user, indeed. Especially because the teamleader
> is always available even if no teamleader is defined. So if you want
> to send a mail to someone this someone must be a leader. Very hard
> for the user to guess this right :-(

Yes, but I don't see a solution, but moving either the team
configuration or the event configuration out of the project settings
dialog.

> I can not reset myself in the dialog. If I remove the teammember that
> is me this is not reflected! But if I reopen the dialog I am gone.
> Anyway what does this relation mean in terms of practical
> consequences?

Messaging. If there is an annotation addressed to a member with nickname
"jens", Quanta has to know if you are jens or not.

> I will not spend any time in this part of Quanta's code yet. I do not
> see the use cases for this and I think my very limited time is better
> spend on further bug hunting. But I am interested that it is at least
> not badly broken for the user ;-)

Well, about it's real usage, you should ask Eric. ;-) But of course,
this is moving target right now (I'm working on it), so it's really
better to check other bugs.
BTW, I've updated the handbook as well.
Andras