List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] team configuration is broken
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-08-22 3:02:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Andras,

> > - what consequences do all the Role, Task and Subproject stuff have?
> > It looks like I can add many information but it is not clear what
> > Quanta does with it?
>
> 1) organizing

which mean translated: displaying, right?

> 2) events

which means I can send mails. What else?
If it is only mails a name and a mailaddress would be sufficient.

> > - Why can I add the same Name and Nickname more than once? OK,
> > because the same person can have different roles. But why does the
> > error message when I forget a Nickname tell me that the Nickname is a
> > unique identifier?
>
> Fixed.

Yes, works now :-)
But strange again. For my understanding the same person has the same nickname
no matter what the role is! So in terms of unique identifier the combination
of nickname and role should form the identifier.

> See the Nickname addressbook entry as well.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I can not find this entry when I
open my addressbook.

> > - Why can I only add the teamleader as a recipient for email in the
> > event action configuration?
>
> Be sure to close first the dialog, otherwise newly added members do not
> appear there as they are not actually added. I see this is a problem,
> but I'm not sure how can we deal with it.

Very strange for the user, indeed. Especially because the teamleader is always
available even if no teamleader is defined. So if you want to send a mail to
someone this someone must be a leader. Very hard for the user to guess this
right :-(

> > - ugly: adding a subproject is more difficult as it should. If I have
> > no subproject the "create new subproject" should have a tick!
>
> Done.

Good.

I can not reset myself in the dialog. If I remove the teammember that is me
this is not reflected! But if I reopen the dialog I am gone.
Anyway what does this relation mean in terms of practical consequences?

I will not spend any time in this part of Quanta's code yet. I do not see the
use cases for this and I think my very limited time is better spend on
further bug hunting. But I am interested that it is at least not badly broken
for the user ;-)

Jens