List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Annotation support
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-04-24 1:16:53

Hi Andras,

I just updated Quanta to see what you did and I have more remarks to write:

Please do not show more information than necessary! So please do _not_ write
"File:" and the whole project path. This is redundant and makes it very hard
to find the important information: the relative path to the file.

Please do not show a column number if it has no use. I was not able to get
other columns than 1 so this is just noise in the userinterface. Anyway I see
no real reason for columns at all.

Please rethink the separation between the two tabs "All Files" and "Annotated
Files". Why should I use "Annotated Files" if I do not see what is inside of
the file? It is even worse, you show the first annotation in the file what
leads me to the impression that there is only one! I have to switch to the
file or to the other tab to see that there are actually more.
Better would be to put both information in one tab and use a treeview. First
level the filenames with relative path and second level the linenumber and
the text in a second column.

Jens