List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] HEAD requirements?
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2005-04-03 18:30:47

On Sunday 03 April 2005 09:57 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 03 April 2005 19:27, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> > Is there a reason not to support back to the past version as we have
> > in CVS. Do we want HEAD to require 3.4? If so I should read my mail
> > more often and get in the discussion, and if not Moura should look at
> > ifdefing some code I think. ;-);-)
>
> As usually Quanta 3.x works on KDE 3.(x-1). ;-) Quanta 3.x is 3.5, so we
> require 3.4. Wasn't this always the case?
>
> Andras
It seems we didn't move quite so fast before IIRC. I need to take some time
and finish all my system updates and then emerge KDE 3.4 this week anyway,
but my concern was that someone finding a bug that we fixed could build CVS
and run it against their system. Many people depending on distro updates
would not already have 3.4. I guess they could run the 3.4 branch though.

Eric