List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] HEAD requirements?
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2005-04-03 18:34:38

On Sunday 03 April 2005 11:28 am, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Sunday 03 April 2005 16:27, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> > Is there a reason not to support back to the past version as we have in
> > CVS. Do we want HEAD to require 3.4? If so I should read my mail more
> > often and get in the discussion, and if not Moura should look at ifdefing
> > some code I think. ;-)
>
> LOL
> But I did:
> #if KDE_VERSION >= KDE_MAKE_VERSION(3,4,0)
>     /**
>      * We need this information in order to know if queued actions should
> be applied.
>      * It's public because it can be activated by other classes if there
> are any queued actions.
>      */
>     virtual bool slotActionActivated(KAction::ActivationReason reason,
> Qt::ButtonState state);
> #endif
>
> #if KDE_VERSION >= KDE_MAKE_VERSION(3,4,0)
>   connect(this, SIGNAL(activated(KAction::ActivationReason,
> Qt::ButtonState)), SLOT(slotActionActivated(KAction::ActivationReason,
> Qt::ButtonState)));
> #else
>   connect(this, SIGNAL(activated()), SLOT(slotActionActivated()));
> #endif
>
> Weird... I will try to compile this in a 3.3 machine to see what happens :)

Due to being pretty busy I have not yet upgraded and I did get this error. I'm
okay with having to upgrade as I planned to anyway but I thought I should
mention this. Andras' statement of our past policy is correct, but we
typically waited a little while into the version to implement it and then
announced it on the list. I have some unread mails so I could have missed it.
I just wanted to make sure we're consistent. I'll try to get to the news
system for kdewebdev.org today or tomorrow too.

Eric