List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] where does a tag start in CSS?
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-03-03 14:40:52

Hi Andras,

> > when I use the function to select the current tag areas in a CSS file
> > I get a selection which has the tag plus the leading spaces and
> > newlines. Same if I select a selector in the structure tree the
> > cursor is always behind the last character of the previous selector.
> >
> > It is not so nice.
>
> The tag starts at the last } before the { and ends at the } following
> the {. Is this clear now? ;-)
>
> For parsing purposed this is enough, especially that there only the { }
> areas are defined, the rest is simply text.

For parsing ok but for selecting it is quite unusual.

> See the structure tree for the below example:
> body {
>     font : 12px Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;
>     margin-top:0;
>   }
>
> this is some text
>
> .hatch {
>     background-image:url("../images/page/bg_line_.gif");
>   }

This example gives another odd thing:
the structure tree does not show the content of the first { } only from the
second! I can select the area in the second { } when I use "Select Current
Tag Area" but not in the first { } area.

The parsers seems to have problems to recognize the first selector correct.

Jens