List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] where does a tag start in CSS?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-03 8:44:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 03 March 2005 08:12, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I use the function to select the current tag areas in a CSS file
> I get a selection which has the tag plus the leading spaces and
> newlines. Same if I select a selector in the structure tree the
> cursor is always behind the last character of the previous selector.
>
> It is not so nice.

The tag starts at the last } before the { and ends at the } following
the {. Is this clear now? ;-)

For parsing purposed this is enough, especially that there only the { }
areas are defined, the rest is simply text.

See the structure tree for the below example:
body {
    font : 12px Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    margin-top:0;
  }

this is some text

.hatch {
    background-image:url("../images/page/bg_line_.gif");
  }

Andras