List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Quanta gets confused
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-03 8:49:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 03 March 2005 05:12, Jens Herden wrote:
> This is valid for tidy and from my knowledge but Quanta insists that:
>
> Line 8: UL is not a possible child of UL.
> Line 11, column 2: Opening tag for /LI is missing.
>
> What is wrong here?

The stopping tags for <li> in HTML 4.01 DTEP are
<stoppingtags>
    <stoppingtag name="li" />
    <stoppingtag name="ul" />
    <stoppingtag name="ol" />
</stoppingtags>

So the second <ul> closed the <li> and this is why Quanta complains that
UL cannot be a child of UL. In XHTML 1.0 Tarnsitional DTEP only <li> is
the stopping tag of <li> and Quanta does not close it.

Which is good and which is wrong? I don't know, but if somebody knows
for sure, please fix the DTEP(s).

Andras