List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Re: Any progress on Quanta for KDE 4?
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2011-06-10 20:21:39

On Friday 10 June 2011 21:58:56 Matthew Millar wrote:
> But here's a guide which is really useful for gentoo users:
>
> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Quanta_plus_under_KDE_4
>
> for none gentoo users, note that layman, can be considered as a way to add
> additional repositories to their package manager, so similar to having a
> command line application for adding repositories to /etc/apt/sources.list
> (so KDE 3.5.10 packages are in an archived repository called kde-sunset).

just a note for users of debian based distros:
there is a full featured quanta+ available from the trinity project:
http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/
- works very well here on my debian squeeze box.
in addition, the trinity folks a working to bring the whole kde3.5 stuff to
cmake, so it will still compile/build on future OS versions.

werner